After Samuel was born, I was in the hospital for a mere 48 hours. Dr. Chau didn't want to keep me any longer than 2 days because she really wanted me to be with Samuel. It was great how supportive she was!! Samuel is only 1 day old in the first picture. The second picture is of me and Samuel together for the first time since his birth. Man, I cried so much. I loved him more than anything and all I wanted was to be able to hold him!! I was so grateful that he was getting exactly what he needed to stay alive and to be doing well.
Eric was great about taking pictures of Samuel and sending them to my phone. He also took a lot with the camera so when he'd come back to the hospital to be with me after being with Samuel, I was able to see many pictures of our sweet son. I cried a lot in the hospital because I missed Samuel like crazy and I wanted so much to be with him and hold him close!!
Once I was discharged from East Jefferson, we went straight to Children's (Where else would we go?!!). It was absolutely amazing seeing Samuel for essentially the first time - more than just his head at least. He was so little, so stinkin' adorable and with the softest skin!!
The last picture is our first family "portrait." Awe. heehee
No comments:
Post a Comment