Saturday, April 2, 2011

November-Fun with the Pruetts

Along the coast in Pensacola.
Looking for shells... found a jelly fish!

Eric found plenty of tar balls!! I should've snapped a picture of 'em.

Debra, Eric, myself, Eric's Aunt Julie and Uncle Kerry.

Thanks to me failing so hardcore when it comes to blogging, I have absolutely no idea what the name of this place was at we were there over 7 months ago... It was an old battle site in the Pensacola area. We walked through the building where the soldiers hid out and checked out old cannons. It was neat but really, there wasn't much to this place. Eric and I are squished in what maybe was a make-shift fireplace or who knows what!

So many alligators!!
It was so fun being able to hold the little alligators! Some were tiny and others were not so little. It definitely was a very cool experience! Hopefully I'll be able to do it again with my family and Eric.

At an alligator ranch in Covington, LA.



The whole gang - Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and Eric's parents. We had dinner on the Mississippi River while we took a ride on the Natchez Steamboat. Eric and I had been on the Natchez Steamboat just the month before with my father and had gone during the day. Although experiencing it at night and seeing the city lights from the River was nice, we definitely preferred doing it during the day and skipping the pricey dinner. Unfortunately the dinner wasn't spectacular, but hey, chalk it up for a nice experience and a lesson learned! It was great being able to be with everyone!! We sure do miss them!







We spent the weekend in Pensacola, Florida. The weather was beautiful! Here we are at the Pensacola Lighthouse. I'd never been in a lighthouse before so it was quite the experience. I wish I could remember how many steps there were to the top but I know there was a lot and it was a very narrow stairway! The view, as you can see, was beautiful!



We had taken a City Tour and one of the stops was at one of the graveyards in New Orleans. The tombs looked so old and most of them really were pretty ancient, or so said the bus driver/guide.. I stayed in the bus.
Eric, checking Craig's making sure he didn't cheat and actually got the numbers correct.
Eric and his dad are big into Sudoku, so one night they battled it out for at least an hour or more, seeing who could complete one the quickest. It was so fun to see them bond over the game :)



In Pensacola, FL at the National Naval Aviation Museum. It was neat seeing the different types of airplanes (I guess I should have posted more than just the cool Kermit the Frog airplane) and being able to see the, uh, control deck? is that what it's called? Also, seeing the Blue Angel airplanes was great too! My dad loves the Blue Angels so hopefully one day we can head out to Florida to watch them sometime before we move from the Louisiana.


HUGE!!
At Destrehan Plantation in Destrehan, outside of the New Orleans area.. The landscape was beautiful, especially the old trees. Incredible! Below, Debra is talking with our super cute tour guide. She knew everything you could ever want to know about this plantation.

1 comment: