Monday, July 19, 2010

June events

Eric and I decided to "camp out" in our apartment, so we blew up our air mattress (is that cheating??), built a fort and slept in it one night and took a nap in it the next. Fun times for sure!

It's my birthday!! (was, my birthday) Eric arrived home before I did as I was running some errands and got caught up at the store. It worked out perfectly though because he was able to decorate the apartment before I got home. I love balloons!!
Eric (and I, but I give him all the glory) made homemade ham and broccoli quiche for my birthday dinner. It was SO good!!
I had ordered one of Eric's gifts and it arrived on my birthday. Eric picked up the package to move it and immediately said, "It's shoes!" So there went my surprise. Since he guessed what it was, I let him open it up before I opened my gifts. It was definitely worth it to see the huge grin on his face when he saw what kind of shoes they were..
They're a perfect fit!
Again, I love balloons-of all kinds!! I guess I'm still a kid at heart.
My mother used to make me a bunny cake every year for my birthday growing up, so we continued the tradition. Eric was originally going to make a cake from scratch with colored dye and all.. long story short, that didn't end up working out, so I ran to the store to buy frosting and cake mix and made the cake. The pink in the ears was Eric's idea. Too cute.
We invited the senior Sisters to come over to eat cake with us. Funny story though. I left the apartment to run to the store and when I got to the car, the Sisters were just pulling up. I went over to them and asked them if they wanted to come over in a few hours to eat cake with us. (They'd just recently asked us when our birthdays were...) They said sure and when they arrived, they were very surprised at all the balloons in our apartment. They were like, 'oh balloons! Why are there, what are we cele', Oh! goodness! We forgot! Happy birthday, Amy!'... So pretty much you had to be there, but what's even more funny is that they came with a plate of cookies.. for ERIC!! haha. Their expressions were priceless and still makes us laugh.
Ps, most of the pictures that were taken that night didn't turn out well, so you get only one to look at! Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! And that bunny cake is adorable. Although what's even more adorable is the fact that you actually got a bunny cake every year for your birthday, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete